Scroll To Top
General Terms and Conditions
- Informed Energy Solutions Inc. shall not be liable for any costs or liability arising from a rejection, termination or delay of an applicant’s registration or application to the IESO or Local Distribution Company for any reason, including errors or omissions caused by either the applicant, Informed Energy Solutions Inc. or the solar consultant.
- Informed Energy Solutions Inc. reserves the right to change installation dates due to weather, reasonable delivery delays or upon agreement with the customer.
- The customer is responsible for any pre-installation roof repairs if required or any engineering evaluation and upgrades as required by the building department for the purposes of obtaining a building permit.
- IES shall not be held liable if the system produces less than the expected energy harvest due to weather, site specifics (roof orientation, weather, pitch, adjacent buildings) or, if the customer fails to remove or clean up from (trees, limbs, antennas, flagpoles, snow, debris, etc..).
- Any Lost Revenue due to downtime of the system will be the responsibility of the client.
- A permanent, consistent internet connection is required if IES is to properly monitor and maintain the system.
- The customer is financially responsible for all potential upgrades as per the structural engineer for the purpose of supporting the solar system and satisfying the building department for a building permit.
- The system will be installed according to an agreed upon panel layout. Any Variations to the layout will be discussed.
- Variations to layout may occur during installation due to access to walkways, shading, attachment points, better fitment.
- Any change in the scope of work is to be discussed before moving forward, permission to proceed will be communicated in writing.
- Storage of equipment and materials during construction will be discussed during pre-construction site meetings
- IES will ensure all health and safety regulations are followed during construction of the solar system.
- Connection of the system will be coordinated with the system owner to minimize electrical shut-down periods
IES Installation Warranties:
- IES offers a 1-year warranty on all parts and services starting from the date of installation. Once the system has been connected to the grid and the system is functioning, that is the start date of the 1 year.
- All other warranties are manufacturer warranties. IES will handle all warranty claims during the first 1 year. IES offers maintenance programs where IES will continue to act as the warranty agent. If system owners choose not to engage IES in the maintenance programs then the system owner will be responsible for all warranty claims to the manufacturer.
- All products sold through the IES website will have full manufacturer warranties which will be honored by the manufacturer.
- IES will not be held liable for any damage and or injury caused during the handling and installation or operation of products purchased on the IES website.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that proper manufactures installation techniques are followed, ensuring all construction and electrical work meets current code requirements.