Return and Refund Policy for Online Purchases
- We hope you love what you ordered, but if something isn’t right, let us know. If you receive an item you’re dissatisfied with, you may return it within 30 days** of receipt to the point of purchase.
- Customers who wish to return their product for a refund must provide a copy of your shipping confirmation email and proof of purchase to IES by either coming into the office or by emailing Returns@iesinc.ca
- Online returns can also be made by calling toll free 905 562 1426 or Returns@iesinc.ca and speaking with one of our customer service representatives who will email you a Return Authorization number along with a label for a hassle-free return (return shipping charges may apply).
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Please report items that are damaged, defective or missing within 3 days of delivery. Contact us toll-free at 905 562 1426 or Returns@iesinc.ca
- IES will not accept used or partially installed products. Once a customer removes the product from the packaging, it is considered to be in used condition and IES can not resell that product.
Returns Based on Damage:
- All products must be inspected upon delivery. If the packaging is damaged, the customer has the ability to open the packaging to inspect the products. If the damage is suspected the customer should not sign any documents and refuse delivery.
- In the case that damage is not visible upon delivery, the customer has 3 days to fully inspect each product prior to installation.
- If there is no visible damage yet the customer is reporting the product as damaged, the manufacturer must be contacted as this will likely be a warranty claim and replacement.
- If the package is refused and sent back to IES or the supplier, the customer will get a full refund. Depending on the causes of damage, the shipping costs may not be eligible for reimbursement.
- Customers must keep all shipping documents if shipping damage is reported. IES must be notified within 3 days and IES must have all necessary data required to process this shipping claim.
Returns Based on Dissatisfaction, no Damage:
- Customers have the ability to return their products within the 30 day period. IF the materials are not damaged upon return and have not been installed, scratched, dented, altered in any way, if any product documentation is missing or if the box is not damaged in any way, the return will be accepted. Shipping fees, as well as a 15% restocking fee, will be applicable.
- If a customer is dissatisfied with their products after the 30 day period, no returns or refunds can be offered.
- If a customer returns the materials within the 30 day period, and the system has signs of installation, no refunds can be offered
- If a customer finds that the system they ordered does not meet their energy needs, IES will work with the customer to order more panels or batteries, but cannot accept returns as the system will be considered “used”
- If a customer experiences installation or product set up difficulties and wishes to return the product due to a lack of understanding, or simply frustration. If the 30 day period has passed, no refunds can be offered. Even if the boxes are unopened and the products are not “used”. IES can offer the clients support to help them move past these difficulties and or frustrations.
Returns without proof of purchase:
- IES will not accept any returns, and will not process any refunds if the customer and or IES has no record of making the sale.
- If a customer wishes to cancel their orders, they may do so by notifying IES ASAP. IES will then stop the order and will inquire as to what stage their order is in.
- If the product has been shipped, the product can be returned, however, a restocking fee of 15% will apply and the shipping costs can not be refunded
- If the product has not been shipped, IES will issue a full refund. Administration fees may be applicable based on the complexity of the order and the size of the order. Admin fees are based on hourly admin rates.
V 1. March 11th, 2019